(LITITZ, Pa.-LititzDailyNews.com) Over 500 vendors await, but before you go, here’s a to-do list that will help you have an enjoyable and successful day at the Lititz Rotary Craft Show. Tag us in your Craft Show photos on Instagram with #LititzDailyNews for possible re-post or publication.
RELATED: READY, SET, SHOW! LITITZ CRAFT SHOW HELD TODAY
1) Eating at a Lititz Restaurant? Lititz made the national news this year due to one restaurant that didn’t follow food safety rules. Be sure to check out which Lititz restaurants have had the most food safety violations by clicking here. Remember, the elderly and those whose immune systems are compromised are more susceptible to food-borne illnesses.
2) No Shuttle from Bonfield Elementary. Come early to get parking, and remember that Broad and Main Streets downtown are closed off for the event. Paid parking is available adjacent to the VFW just south of the park and in the Lititz Moravian Church lot. Other options are the Linden Hall and Warwick High School lots.
3) Bring a Cart and someone to help carry heavy items. Many vendors offer assistance with carrying or will do a paid hold so that you can bring your vehicle closer for item pick-up. Just ask.
4) Stay Hydrated-It’s expected to be hot and humid, and you don’t want to wither while you’re looking at all the dried flower arrangements. Pack plenty of bottled water in your cart, since lead has been found in Lititz Borough drinking water and the state says the borough violated the lead law meant to keep people safe. Even small amounts of lead can be harmful to pregnant women and developing fetuses. Treat yourself to cold bottled drinks from one of the many vendors on hand.
5) Plan Your Route-Start walking west on East Main St., then so south on Broad St., cross over, then come up the other side. Enter Lititz Springs Park and visit the vendors on one side on the way in, and the other on the way out. Hang a left and go north on Broad St., pop in to visit Wilbur Chocolate for a free sample, then cross and continue south on Broad, turning left at East Main to see the last side of the show. Or, if you’d prefer, do the course in reverse!
Lynn Rebuck publishes LititzDailyNews.com, the only national award-winning, independent, newspaper in Lititz. An innovator in digital publishing, Lynn publishes out of her passion for the Lititz community. LititzDailyNews.com is the recipient of a 2015 EPPY Award Honorable Mention for Best Photojournalism, the only paper in Lancaster County to receive such distinction. Email Lynn at LititzDaily@yahoo.com. Follow us into the future of Lititz news on our LititzDailyNews.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Persicope, where we’ll be broadcasting from the Lititz Craft Show.